FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. The unknown is scary and a lot of people worry about how going to rehab till affect the rest of their lives. Here are some answers to several of the questions you might have regarding the process of addiction rehabilitation.
Your journey to recovery will be easier the more you understand what will happen in treatment - including what happens when you enter a program, how long you'll be in treatment, and the costs associated with the program.
Addiction Rehabilitation - What Is It?
A rehab is a structured treatment programme with the goal of assisting people who are battling with dependency. Rehabilitation can assist an addict to work towards a wholesome, content and drug-free lifestyle.
What Takes Place In Addiction Rehabilitation?
Addiction rehabilitation treatment is customised to the requirements of every person. In the bid to achieve prolonged sobriety, treatments like detoxification, individual and group therapy, education for the prevention of relapse, and after care planning before the end of the programme are used.
- Detox A vital early component of numerous dependence recovery endeavours is detox. The toxic effects of alcohol and drugs are expelled by the body during detox. While the detox experience will shift enormously in light of the particular sort and recurrence of substance utilized, numerous substance withdrawal disorders can be repulsive, if not unsafe. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Drug Abuse Therapy After the detox process, numerous behavioural therapeutic interventions are carried out in rehab. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. Treatment programs additionally teach people on the most proficient method to distinguish high-hazard circumstances plus triggers and develop regressing aversion aptitudes to watch over self-control.
- Post-care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. The monitoring plan will involve joining support groups, continuing treatment, drug-free living environment.
What Is The Time Required For Recovery?
There isn't a predetermined period of time that applies to everyone who enters rehab. Some recovery centres do run 30-day rehabilitation programmes. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. While deciding the proper length of treatment, treatment experts will give consideration to the history and seriousness of the addiction, particular substances use, any co-happening medicinal, mental, or behavioural health conditions and the physical, mental, emotive, social, traditional and spiritual needs of the person.
It has been proven that patients who take a minimum of three months during rehabilitation have a higher success rate at kicking the habit than those who take less. Longer programs manage the cost of the chance to concentrate on the underlying causes and practices behind the addiction and more opportunity to improve calm living practices.
Will Going To Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. No matter how long the rehab programme lasts, the addiction to drugs and alcohol does not end with it. Recuperation from substance utilize is a progressing and lifelong procedure. Getting educated on how to live your day to day life without alcohol and drug consumption with serious efforts is the best way to handle addiction.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
During rehab, patients are taught how to get over the intense yearnings for drug and overcome the desire and threats of setback. What's more, it can teach individuals skills to get them ready for the daily battles of recovering from dependency, and how to deal with the circumstances or the people that might have added to or aggravated the issue with the substance to begin with.
However, group or individual therapy sessions may be needed for complete healing, and may be coupled with support group gatherings or 12-step attendance. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. These activities may include meditation, yoga, exercise, or art, to name a few.
A lot of successful treatment programs will have their own follow up care or will work with patients to figure out the best aftercare plan before leaving treatment in order to support the best chance at long term recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
When I Relapse - What Happens?
A relapse shouldn't be seen as a failure, but should rather be viewed as a hindrance on your continuous journey to a drug-free life. A relapse can be seen as a chance to reassess where you are and to get back into a program to get the support you need to continue on being sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. The main individual who can deal with your compulsion is you and recovery will help you construct the abilities important to care for balance.
How Much Will Rehabilitation Cost?
Rehab programs vary greatly in how much they cost. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The programs offered by outpatient programs vary and can include highly structured intensive programs, weekly group and individual therapy sessions, and support groups.
The cost of rehab could be affected by such factors like
- Facilities available - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Duration of Programme - The amount of time one will spend in the programme also affects the cost of the rehab. All these things are covered by the therapist who takes you for the registration so you can work out how long you can afford to stay.
- Location - A centre located in a luxurious environment can be more expensive than a traditional treatment facility. If the facility is in a location that is not close to the home, then the entire cost of treatment should include the cost of travel to the facility.
- Kind of Program - Because of the fact that the medical treatment experts in the inpatient facilities are permanently in the house, and patients live in the facilities too, the cost is always higher than that of the outpatient programs.
Rehab Costs Vs Addiction Costs
It is always essential for you to have the "costs" of addiction in mind whenever you start thinking about the amount you will spend on rehab. What makes addiction costly
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of efficiency at work
- Legal penalty fees
- Medical bills for possible coexisting issues that are associated with the addiction
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Can Insurance Pay For Rehab?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Whether or not it is accepted will depend on each individual facility. You are advised to cross check your plan before you sign into any rehab program because yours may cover only a limited part of the programme you are getting into.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Should I Receive Treatment For My Addiction Locally Or Away From Home?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. The advantage here is that users are taken away from that particular environment where drug and alcohol abuse happen, which is their home.
An away facility offers a distraction-free environment where they can focus on getting better without having to fight temptations at work, home or company.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
Inpatient and outpatient centres are different in a lot of ways, from the cost, intensity, environment, and support structure in place through the whole process.
Inpatient Addiction Rehabilitation
Inpatient facilities are staffed by addiction professionals 24 hours a day. Medical personnel are permanently present for inpatient services in hospitals, while medical services from experts are offered at intervals in the residential rehabs when the need arises. However, patients are required to reside in the facilities in both cases.
An inpatient program allows the patients to fully immerse themselves in recovery and treatment with 24 hour care. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Group and individual therapy, medication assisted treatment, and even special therapies like meditation or outdoor activities can all be offered in rehab.
Individuals with long-established or serious addictions, addictions to various substances, or with co-occurring medical and mental health issues frequently look for an inpatient rehabilitation centre for their treatment. For those who had tried to stop before and failed, whether inpatient or outpatient and those who have relapsed to using would do well at a residential rehab.
Outpatient Rehab Treatment Facilities
Outpatient offices permit patients to want treatment, cure and different services plus after that coming to their homes toward the finish of the treatment sessions. Through this, the home, work and school activities of the person will not be altered during treatment. Outpatient programs are a good fit for anyone who has a mild or short term addiction or responsibilities that cannot be neglected.
There may be differences in outpatient programs. In some cases, therapy can last a whole day while in others just an hour or two. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Since patients can leave, patients don't need to pay for the day and night care. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
To take in more about the distinction between these two dependence treatment structures, call us today at 0800 246 1509 to talk about your choices. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Can I Lose My Job For Attending Addiction Rehab?
You may think you are in danger of losing your job if you go to rehab, the risk is higher if you do not and mess at work. When you're battling with a drug abuse issue, the possibility exists that your employer already thinks it probable that you have an addiction. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. Termination of an employer's contract because they are undergoing addiction treatment is also prohibited by law.
How Do I Manage To Get Some Time Off Of Work To Go To Addiction Rehabilitation?
If you are going for residential treatment, then you will need to take some leave from work. Though, there are various options than can make this process easier. Some of these are
- Employee Assistance Program An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Numerous bosses present to 12 weeks of leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act, which permits you to take unpaid time off without influencing your health care coverage, keeping in mind the end goal to look for treatment for a therapeutic condition that meddles with your capacity to finish work associated tasks This covers addiction so it's important to find out what your company offers.
- Paid Time Off One more option for taking time off from your work to receive assistance with drug abuse is just to use accrued personal/sick time or vacation to receive rehab assistance.
- Executive Rehabs If you have a lot of work demands and have to stay actively involved in your job, executive rehab centres can help you stay involved at work while attending an inpatient rehab in a luxurious, 24 hour care facility.
- Outpatient Programs For those who can't leave their work and those who are also in need of something cheaper than the executive rehab, they have the outpatient programs to enrol in. However, there are lots of 24-hour residential treatment programs that offer concentrated care, and they are more appropriate for those suffering chronic addictions and relapse issues.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Luxury restoration offers much a greater number of civilities and luxurious surroundings than standard rehabilitation centres. These are frequently situated in isolated spots, so a patient is given maximum privacy during his/her treatment. Treatment in these plush rehab facilities more often offers holistic treatment that includes exciting therapies, gourmet catering by highly ranked chefs, innovative treatment therapies.
High state officials, big names plus other public figures regularly pick luxury rehabilitation for the elite pleasantries, confidentiality and the probability that they will be among their companions, yet anybody may go to these sorts of programs if the expenses can be secured through insurance, out-of-pocket instalments or a blend thereof.
How Might I Find An Addiction Rehab Program?
Figuring out which rehab is best for you can be an overwhelming process but there is help available to get you the answers you need. If you are having a hard time deciding what kind of program is right for you or a loved one, call us at 0800 246 1509 to talk to a rehab placement representative to discuss rehab and recovery options further.